Sunday, September 27, 2009

Hear me

Lasto beth nin .. ‘hear my voice’.

I am taking my twisted mind for a stroll in the woods tonight, and I suddenly wonder .. do I even have a voice? For if so, I have forgotten the sound of it.

I am nothing more but a collection of empty words. And when I break them down into syllables, what more am I than the empty spaces in between?

My voice has lost its’ echo. My silhouette has lost its’ shadow. And I ..

I have lost myself. On the same day that you left my hand and reaped my soul.

I sometimes find myself longing for pain, in the hope of being able to feel .. something, anything.

Hear_Me (400 x 306)

Tonight I am hugging the trees as I pass them by. Grateful that they don’t have mirrors. I know what I am running from. And I realise that I am unable to escape it.

My only wish .. is that I knew where I was running to ..

Because once upon a time, not so very long ago, you carefully blindfolded me, turned me around and around as we danced in the shadows, and stole my direction as you walked away. Because you were my compass.

Here in the woods I dwell for the rest of forever, swaying blindfolded to the sound of a stranger which once upon a time, not so very long ago, spoke to me and said ‘Lasto beth nin’ ..

I heard your voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment