Monday, October 12, 2009

The birth of October 12th

I await midnight as I witness the birth of October 12, 2009.

So many words, so many emotions, so many ways to express myself. Yet all of it resides in a single tear running softly along the contours of my face.

I am a broken melody.
I have forgotten the words to my own song.

The candle beside me is weeping.

I pick up the violin and rest the side of my face on the palm of its cold open hand.

Every stroke of the bow cuts deeper into my soul as this legato passage cries your name and the absence of your staccato applause echoes in a deafening silence.

Candle_Goth 1


I was your anthem once.

How did I mistake your symphony for a requiem?

I lower the violin and lie it down on the table in front of me. Then I turn my head towards the candle, fold my hands around it as if to pray .. then we wheep together, the candle and I.

This flame belongs to you. Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Ek weet nie of ek moet lag of huil nie...ek is so bly om weer jou woorde te lees, maar dit is so ongelooflik hartseer.

    ReplyDelete