Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Dark Light

Winter lingers outside my window, and yet I can feel its’ ice cold grip around my heart.

My tears seem to have frozen, although that doesn’t mean I have stopped crying. The sound of my laughter has lost its’ echo, the candles in my eyes no longer shine their light.

My ears have forgotten the sound of your voice, although I will recognize it amongst a million others. It’s like remembering the lyrics of your favourite song, but losing the melody somewhere along the way. Did the wind become too stubborn to carry the music of your voice to my ears? Or have I .. I haven't forgotten it .. could I??

dear wind (400 x 400)

Why is my memory of parts of you slipping away? And why does it keep on hurting all the same? Why do my hands still wish they could hold each and every one of your fears; call them by their names and put them to sleep forever?

How come I remember everything .. except my own name? Everything except who I am .. or am supposed to be? When did I become the hostage you didn’t even know you held as a prisoner?

When, please tell me when, did I start loving you .. more than life itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment