Sunday, January 3, 2010

Dreamcatcher

Dreamcatchers. Wiki whispered the following:

"Only good dreams would be allowed to filter through . . . Bad dreams would stay in the net, disappearing with the light of day. Good dreams would pass through and slide down the feathers to the sleeper.”

Another version was, "Good dreams pass through the center hole to the sleeping person. The bad dreams are trapped in the web, where they perish in the light of dawn."

I don’t cry often. But my soul weeps.

Where I find myself now, I am unable to see people or distinguish their faces. I close my eyes, and it is dark. I open my eyes, and it remains dark. But I feel their arms around me, their hands on my shoulders.

And then I feel it. A tear running across the contour of my face.

And for once, I let it be.

Daardie traan is gebore uit dankbaarheid. Vir hierdie vlerklose engele wat n kring om my staan. Vlerkloos want hulle het hul vlerke, elkeen op sy of haar manier, afgebreek en vir my gegee .. sodat ek kon vlieg. Hoog naby die son, waar die strale warm skyn en die uitsig snak-asem mooi is.


'n Paar van hulle is besig om hier te lees, maar die beskeie en onselfsugtige wyse waarop hulle van hulself aan my gegee het, maak hulle onherkenbaar .. vir hulleself. Want hulle sien hulself nie as engele nie. Elkeen dink hy of sy kruis my pad met n pot vol vere .. maar dis vere waarmee ek nuwe vlerke kan bou!

I wish I could be a dreamcatcher to each and every one of you. Be that filter between good and bad, protect you from the nightmares which haunt you, watch over you and protect you while the good dreams nourish your souls like liquid pouring down from the heavens above.

And when the sun finds your hiding place in the morning, take those dreams, put them on a silver platter .. and make them come true for you. And for you. Wish I was able to say thank you, wish I was a better person, a better friend .. wish I could be a firefly in your moment of darkness.

Yesterday someone gave me back my dream. One of my dreams. Wat doen mens in hierdie lewe reg om so iets te verdien, wanneer mens weet jy het eintlik al jou kanse opgebruik?

I wish I knew how to pay it forward ..

As for you: “You've changed so much. I guess that's what happens. I wish you knew how much you changed me. I wonder if I changed you, if your life is different because of me. Because mine's different. My word, you taught me so much, and now we don't even talk to each other. I guess that's what happens.”

No comments:

Post a Comment