Friday, December 18, 2009

Tears of a Clown




“Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

It is no secret that people wear masks to hide behind. It is a book that I can write a different chapter on every single day.

The tears of a clown .. cliché I know. I can’t help but wonder though, how many people actually step forward and take a closer look .. to find that it isn’t always make-up?

Hmmm.

his silent cry melts down his face
but who will catch his falling tears
is he merely misunderstood
or seeking recognition of is fears

a masquerade of one-way glass
which doesn’t tell what lies behind
disguised as a cold hard heart
a pot of gold is what you’ll find

when the moon is out and stars shine bright
he whispers a wish for his demise
overlooking the prayer for him to hold on
written in braille in their blind eyes

© 18.12.2009

1 comment:

  1. I am the harmonious anarchist
    I am the democratic communist
    The original copy
    The coplicated simple
    The deep shallow
    The clean unclean
    The loving hateful
    The caring careless
    The profound mundane
    I am the freedom trapped
    The sane insane
    The white black
    The dark light
    I am the found lost
    The optimistic pessimist
    The materialistic idealist
    I am the unexplained explained
    I am the invisible visible
    The unseen seen
    The inhuman human
    I am me I can be you
    I...... AM

    ReplyDelete